2010-06-26

across the mississississippipppi river

June 25 126 Km

Today’s Points 1 Total Score 3

Welcome to the Big Easy

Woke up in Houma, LA and biked down a four lane highway, towards New Orleans. A ferry ride across the Mississippi makes me an easterner again. I found a hostel and am going to have some huricans and overpriced beer tomorrow.

June 24 155 Km

Today’s Points -1 Total Score 2

I think I am looking homeless

I have been trying to take showers and stay clean, but unfortunately this form of travel does not lend itself to cleanliness. No matter how hard I try, my clothes always smell, I have bike grease on my legs, and I in this heat I am covered in sweat. This appearance is now affecting some of my interactions with people, some restaurants/coffee shops try to get me out the door faster than normal. And the kicker is, I went to a Best western tonight, it was dark, I was tired, it looked like it was going to rain, ants and mosquitoes were making a pincushion of my legs, and I just wanted to sleep. So I went to a this hotel, and asked the lady if I could get a room, she looked at me and said, no we don’t have any rooms. All of them are full. I walked away not believing her. I think she wanted to say we don’t have any rooms for people like you. If she only knew who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment