2010-06-18

and on the 8th day God Created Texas

June 17 145 Km

Today’s Points 0 Total Score -2

Mentally I reached a conclusion today, that I don’t enjoy doing this. I would rather do many other things with my time and my life. This constantly moving, constantly going, never in one place and never in the same town for long, starts to wear on your soul after a while. I thought that the excitement of traveling and finding out what lies beyond the next corner would overcome this, but unfortunately the wonders of the world are not enough to triumph. There is a restless feeling that you get when you wake up in a hammock in a strange park day after day. In addition, it is hotter than an oven after 10 AM everyday and we are still just in the preheat cycle. In hindsight I would offer this piece of advice: if you really feel the need to go on some adventure, do it before the feeling passes. Those dreams that we have when we are young are not the same we have when we are older. Such is life, such is the way of the world. Lastly, McDonalds internet doesn’t always work that well. But then what do you expect from McDonalds, it’s a cheap hamburger shop. So I actually got to send this from a gas station with WI-FI

June 16 142 Km

Today’s Points -1 Total Score -2

June 15 155 Km

Today’s Points -1 Total Score -1

1 comment:

  1. Josh, Go get an ice cream cone and find a shade tree... See you back in Wisconsin for a bit if things keep up?

    I'll try to post my journal entries shortly, I'm in ND now.

    ReplyDelete